NOTE: Blogging with john chow is no longer available. For another good quality blogging product – check this out.
Today, in my “Blogging with John Chow”review, I will assess whether this product is good value for money and whether it’s worth your time! So, if you’re thinking about purchasing this product, read this before you do….
Product: Blogging With John Chow
Creator: John Chow
Overall Score: 75/100
Review In Brief: This is a completely decent & good value program for bloggers to follow, step by step, how to create a successful blog – just ignore the hype.
Who is John Chow?
John Chow is admired as one of the most successful bloggers in the world – yet he’s also faced fierce criticism for his association with dubious MLM products, that are overpriced and provide poor quality training.
From a blogging point of view, John Chow’s achievements are nothing to be sniffed at. He went from zero dollars a month to 40k a month in just two years.
He now has almost 100k followers on twitter and over 140k subscribers to his blog. So, if you want to learn about blogging, John Chow certainly knows his stuff.
What is Blogging with John Chow?
It is a step by step system explaining all you need to know about setting up a blog and generating visitors, (traffic) via social networks and SEO techniques. There is a set of in-depth modules and a 30 day action plan that you can follow.
John Chows course does contain a lot of content, it’s full of good information that is easy to follow and newbie friendly.
There are also two potential upsells to this program.
I can’t comment on whether they would be beneficial to you but just to warn you, you will face them upon joining the program.
The first is of $47 and the next $97 — there is also a down-sell of $1 for your first month.
A common sales tactic is to bombard customers with up-sells the minute they have arrived in a program, but really you need to be able to assess the product first before you go ahead and buy anything else.
In any case, as far as content goes, there is plenty of it to get on with. John Chow offers the following training modules:
- Blogging 101, building bank accounts: How to create your blog from scratch and stand apart from everyone in your niche.
- Launching your Blog: choosing a great domain name, setting up wordpress and plugins.
- Brando-nomics: habits of successful bloggers, how to create a brand and use social networking to your advantage, how to build an internet reputation on various platforms.
- Content king: The importance of great content, using videos and images and attracting comments to your blog.
- Monetizing 101: Exactly how john took his blog from 0-40k in two years, how to charge the highly for premium ad space, recommended tools and networks for you.
- Hunting Down Readers: connect with other bloggers in your niche, network and guest post. Use RSS feeds to successfully get subscribers to your blog. Learn to analyse blog statistics to discover what your readers want.
- Optimizing for Google – how to make Google love your blog, despite any search engine updates, avoiding any black hat techniques. How to build natural links, that won’t harm your blog. Lean effective keyword research, to help generate organic traffic to your blog.
For a second, I thought I could purchase this program for FREE…
Despite what I have come to know about John Chow – regarding some potentially unethical associations – I do find him very likeable and think his blog, (johnchow.com) is excellent.
John Chow does really put himself out there for all to see, he seems transparent and comes across as friendly and genuine.
You’d expect then, that the products he promotes would reflect this nature…
but this is where one problem seems apparent.
When I first went to purchase Blogging with John Chow, I was confronted by a page telling me that I could now get it for FREE for a limited time.. fantastic I thought, sounds good. I entered my email and awaited the confirmation.
On arrival to a new page that I was sent to – it in fact turns out that I could only get the program for free IF applied to the “Top tier business program” – which included various free extras.
This program was only accessible via application and includes 1 on 1 coaching – sound expensive? See a screenshot below….
Well, as it turns out Mr Chow was an affiliate to “My Online Business Empire” — which is NOW known as “My Top Tier Business.” This has been widely reported to be a scam product, so it’s disappointing that he’s also trying to sell it through his Blogging program.
This sort of time wasting is very frustrating.
I’d also like to point out that John Chow’s huge rise in monthly income from his blog is apparently due to him selling high priced ticket items. Could this then relate to the initial upsell I went to for the “Top Tier Business Plan?”…. I imagine so!
But when you DO get to the actual sales page…
The good news is that the actual product that you do want, Blogging with John Chow, only costs $37. Which is a decent price.
The main sales page is all pretty typical stuff – quite a bit of hype, supersized writing, evidence of earnings and so on…
There IS a 60 day money back guarantee, no questions asked. Which is always reassuring.
As for the immediate upsells that I mentioned earlier, It would help to be actually be able to see and assess the product before being asked to buy more… just let the customer see the product they’ve actually bought first at least!
That said, there is certainly no necessity that you have to buy them, it’s just an annoyance they exist.
Pros Vs Cons
- Newbie friendly, easy to navigate.
- Videos with John Chow, which are really easy viewing.
- Good value for $37
- Plenty of content.
- 30 day action plan.
- 60 day money back guarantee
- Created in 2012, the sales page has not been updated and some of the content needs an update to be relevant for 2016!
- John Chow is a fan of article spinning – which is not advisable now.
- No community, to discuss your successes/failures
- Limited support, your emails should be responded to in 24hrs, but if you have an urgent problem, you’ll be stuck.
- Upsells – let us see the main product first!
If you’re a complete newbie, you can certainly take away a fair amount of knowledge from this program.
If you already have some internet marketing knowledge and understand how to monetize your blog successfully, you may not get significant value from it.
Despite John Chow’s association with less than ethical products, he is still held in high regard.
John certainly know’s what he’s talking when it comes to blogging and this product is good value for money and legitimate quality training.
This program would be most suitable for someone who would like to start a blog, but has no idea how to monetize it.
It would also suit people who have attempted and failed to make money from their blogs so far!
My Personal Suggestion….
If you are really interested in earning money from blogging, I strongly suggest you check out my #1 rated product, Wealthy Affiliate.
Here you can learn how to turn any passion or interest into an online business – which some awesome training and a community of thousands to support you. You can also started right away, for free.
I hope you found my blogging with john chow review useful … Are you thinking you may sign up?
Leave me a comment below and let me know!
All the best…:)