If you stumbled across this page, then it may likely be from one of my other posts or links where mention Wealthy Affiliate and you’re looking for a way to make money online.
I first joined Wealthy Affiliate back in 2015 and at that point in time, Wealth Affiliate very much put me on the road to making money online.
I learnt a LOT of the information that has helped me build a full time income online. Some of this information includes….
- Niche research.
- Keyword research.
- Affiliate marketing.
- SEO – such has how to rank your blog posts in Google.
- How to set up a WordPress website from scratch.
And much much more besides.
Wealthy Affiliate In Brief:
- What Is It? An all-in-one training program to help you build and grow an online business based on your interests or passions.
- Cost: Free Starter membership.
- Training: free & premium aspects. A 10-part free training series & one free website.
- Wealthy Affiliate Tools: website builder, keyword research tool, content creation platform, Site speed checker, purchase domains onsite, site comment exchange, live chat, video library, weekly live training… and much more…
No technical knowledge is required, because all the training is beginner friendly and step-by-step.
They offer a free 10-part course and you gain access to the entire platform, so you can explore everything that is on offer without entering a credit card – just your name.
BUT…. Are Wealthy Affiliate Still Relevant In 2024?
A HUGE amount has changed online since 2015 and considerably even more has changed in the last 12 months alone. So, is this training still relevant?
The landscape is changing so fast that I personally have trouble keeping up.
These changes have included the ever evolving and expanding influence of Ai and changes in the Google algorithm.
I feel that ranking your website on Google, (and your content thereby being discoverable organically) is tougher than it ever was when I started.
However, WA were always good at keeping members up to date with Google changes are afoot and make suggestions about what you should do to avoid losing rankings.
That said, they have been criticised for not always keeping their core premium member training up to date and with how fast the landscape changes online, keeping their core course up-to-date is important and something I will be checking out when I retake the course again in the coming months.
What I do notice though is their weekly live video training DOES cover things that are important right now and are currant hot topics. For example, I notice a lot of the training has recently focused on Ai, (I mention that a little further down!).
Because I have not had an in depth look at the WA program in recent months, I wanted to put in a bit of a temporary review to this page while I go and assess everything again.
So, rather than focus on what I’m not 100% sure of…. I wanted this page to focus on WHAT I DO KNOW and what I do feel would be helpful to you.
Therefore, for the purposes of this post, I’m focusing on some of the key aspects of Wealthy Affiliate that had a long-standing impact on me and making money online in the long term.
These are all things that I feel are going to benefit anyone interested in making money online today.
There Is A Bunch Of Online Video Training & It’s Added To Every Week:
Wealthy Affiliate provides extensive video training on the platform, (in the form of a video library and regular live trainings).
These are added to weekly and go into their vast video library for you to access whenever you like.
Topics are vast and could relate to anything from SEO developments, to building an email list, to constructing valuable content… To utilising Ai…. (As you can see via recent training below).
I think one of the best things about WA is that they provide free training to new members. I don’t recall seeing another course that provides you basic training like this for free.
While you WILL need to be a premium member to get the most out of the course, the free training can still give you an idea about the basic fundamentals of things like affiliate marketing and setting up a website.
It can also give you direct access to the platform, where you can see everything that is available to you as a paying member and this means you get a unique insight into things and be able to make an informed choice.
When I first joined, I remember thinking that I would ONLY join premium for one month and learn as much as I could and then quit and move on.
As it turned out, I became a yearly paying member after just a couple of months because I could see the value of having the community and also the ongoing live training, video library and other tools.
What I Found Most Beneficial Long Term About The Training:
There were many things that Wealthy Affiliate taught me, that I still make use of today. Many of these had a significant influence on my achievements online.
Some of these included:
- Building A WordPress Website… I first built this very website at WA. I had absolutely no idea how to go about this when I joined in 2015. While I didn’t keep all the websites I built, they were all a learning experience and one I don’t think I ever would have managed without the support I had there.
- Learning Keyword & Niche research was essential and are skills that I still use on a daily basis. I think this had a key role to play in my success on Amazon kdp early on.
- Learning the basics of Affiliate Marketing. I’ve made thousands of dollars online from Affiliate Marketing and I had absolutely zero idea what it was when I joined Wealthy Affiliate in 2015… Nor am I sure I ever would have learnt about it if it wasn’t for them.
- Learning the basics of graphic design and being introduced to CANVA. Again, I had zero idea what CANVA was and yet, that program has been one of the key tools I’ve used that has helped me generate nearly 200k in royalties on Amazon. I had no graphic design skills when I joined WA, but joining the basics with, really helped me down the road in other aspects of business.
Wealthy Affiliate provided me the environment I needed to learn. Because I felt part of a community, this really encouraged me to keep going. I also had support when I didn’t understand things and was able to reach out to the community.
I’ve never considered myself very tech orientated. The very notion of SEO or HTML back when I started would make me switch off.
But because the training was so clear, it made it much more accessible to me and that’s why ultimately I stuck with it in the long term.
I often wonder where I’d be right now if I hadn’t made that decision to join. Would I still be involved in online business!?! I genuinely have no idea. But Wealthy Affiliate did set me on this path and for that, I am forever grateful.
Is Wealthy Affiliate Right For You In 2024?
Wealthy Affiliate is best for beginners who need a supportive community to help them take this first step to making money online and setting up a website.
If you aren’t sure how to set up a WordPress website and have barely heard of keyword research and SEO… Then this could be a good introduction for you!
Also, it’s a free introduction. So, you don’t even need a credit card to sign up and join.
As someone who has been on the platform for years, what I will say is that a majority of people do not stick it out. It’s alarming how many people literally give this no time whatsoever.
Many do not even complete their profile!
So, you’re interested in this, I would at least give the free training a go. They also provide a big discount for your first month, so that’s a good chance to see what premium is like.
Try and think of it like a learning experience, this isn’t something whereby you get instant or quick results.
For most people making money online, it could take many months before they see any real traction. It took me several months of hard work before I even saw a single affiliate sale!
What I will say is that, seeing that first sale was all the confirmation I needed that I was going to stick to this online business thing indefinitely.
So, maybe you will feel the same!