This page contains affiliate links. Thank for you supporting Rags To Niches! Full disclosure here.
Check out some of the courses, tools and services that have helped me build my online business.
Yep these are all tools that I ACTUALLY use and courses that I have ACTUALLY taken.
I know that when I first got started myself, this is the kind of info I looked for myself.
I wanted to know what other people were using & what they’d recommend…
So, I’ve done the same here.
Let me know if you have any questions at all… Feel free to contact me here!
AMAZON KDP TOOLS:
Not sure what Low content publishing is? This post explains it!
I use several tools that have helped me on my publishing journey. These are ALL of the tools that have helped me the most to date:
- Creative fabrica – this is where I find illustrations and fonts to use on my books and I’m in here DAILY! (You can try it for only TRY CREATIVE FABRICA FOR FREE HERE!).
- Imagine & Tangent Crystal – A course and software that shows you step-by-step how to create coloring books with Midjourney. The software included also removes greyscale from Midjourney images and vectorizes your images, removing the need to upscale them.
- Publisher Rocket – I use this to help with keyword research and finding categories. I do not use this exclusively, but I use it along with direct research on Amazon itself.
- Tangent Templates – An incredibly useful tool. I do not use the ready made templates, (aside from simple lines/basic planners) because I believe you should always create unique interiors. However, they do have a design builder, a great listing helper and a book builder which makes creating your books incredibly easy. This is one of the first tools I ever purchased and still one of the best! For even better results, get IMAGINE, which includes Tangent Templates in the bundle.
- Creative market – this place has some absolutely fantastic art work. It can cost a little more but is worth the price if you want to make your books stand out. You will find far fewer books using the artwork here than on other sites.
- CANVA – I spent my first year purely usin Canva to create my covers AND my interiors for KDP. I still almost exclusively use it, but sometimes also use affinity publisher.
- Affinity Publisher – a high quality program that can help you to create professional looking interiors. There is a learning curve here but plenty of free training available online.
- Midjourney – Where I have started creating Ai Art & graphics.
- Lets Enhance – where I enhance all the images I download from Midjourney.
I must have spent thousands on courses over the years when it comes to making money online and KDP publishing. Here are a few of the highlights…..
- IMAGINE – An awesome course that walks you through – step by step how to create a coloring book with Midjourney and upload it onto KDP. It also includes Tangent Crystal, a tool that removes greyscale from Midjourney images and vectorizes them. Furthermore, Tangent Templates is also included in this course, which is a brilliant tool for creating low and medium-content books for KDP.
- RACHEL HARRISON SUND – LOW CONTENT PROFITS ACADEMY – One of the very first courses I took on Low Content Publishing. I was inspired by Rachel’s story early on in my journey and she was definitely one of the reasons I decided to give it a go. In one of her income reports, she showed how she’d made 100k in royalties over a 12-month period. This was just additional evidence on top of what I’d already seen, that this opportunity did have potential. This is a great course for beginners, Rachel is an awesome communicator and this course is ideal for anyone who is feeling overwhelmed about getting started. Check it out here.
- HOMEBOSS – Nuria from the Homeboss has created several useful courses that I have purchased. The most extensive was her Children’s book course, there are also additional courses to help you with A+ content creation and creating printables to sell. I imagine she will continue to create more over time and you can find them all here.
- SELLING DIGITAL – A great course to help you get started with selling digital products, including on market places like Etsy. There is also a monthly drop of PLR templates that you can sell to customers. Courses included ones on – how to sell planners on Etsy, how to set up a shopify store, how to set up Facebook Ads and more!
- WEALTHY AFFILIATE – This is where I first started to take the baby steps into online business, (and am still a member today). They to provide a free course where you can learn the basics of affiliate marketing and creating a simple WordPress website. Free course here.
- NANCY BADILLO – ESTY MASTERY COURSE – An all-round course if you are considering setting up an Etsy store. It’s the sort of course you’re likely to go back to again and again because it’s so in-depth and you will most likely have to look at the information more than once!
Having recently started on selling on this platform and I use this tool right now to help me specifically on ETSY.
- ERANK – help to find products, tags and keywords that have low competition and a high search volume. I love this tool!
WEBSITES & HOSTING:
- I host and create my websites over at Wealthy Affiliate. They’re a great choice if you want an all-in-one platform and you can host 20 domains that you own there, all included in one price with 24 hour site support!
- As an alternative for purchasing domains, I currently recommend Siteground. So many bloggers will recommend Bluehost – but if you check out some Bluehost reviews online, so many people have had a bad experience! By contrast, Siteground has 5 stars on Trustpilot, with thousands of satisfied customers. There are tonnes of hosts out there, I can only mention those I have some experience with.
- I have an extremely in depth and step-by-step guide – showing you how to build a money-making website, here!
- Publisher Rocket – one of the primary tools I use for Amazon KDP outside of the Amazon platform.
- Jaaxy – the keyword research tool that helps me find great keywords that rank in Google. Get 30 free searches here.
AFFILIATE MARKETING NETWORKS:
- AWIN – affiliate network that has thousands of big name companies on their books, I primarily use them for the ETSY affiliate program, on another website and Fiverr.com
- Shareasale – – Another large affiliate network that I use regularly to promote things such as Tailwind & Genesis blog themes. Find my Shareasale Review here.
- Panthera Network – A CPA network that I use for certain survey-site related offers. Find my Panthera Network review here.
- Amazon Affiliate Program – One of the first affiliate programs I ever joined. Read why I think it’s great for beginners here.
- I’m currently with MEDIAVINE for Ads.
One of the highest paying options if you would like Ads on your website and they’re great for bloggers!
You do need at least 50,000 sessions per month on your blog to apply now, (sessions are different to pageviews). Other alternatives to Mediavine include – Monumetric and Ezoic.
While many bloggers to start with Google Adsense, you need a tonne of traffic to make much with Adsense and once you DO have that much traffic, you’re better off applying for a higher paying network.
- Fiverr – awesome site where you can purchases for as low as $5.
You can purchase a huge array of thins, writing, art work, editing, copyrighting, seo work, ebook covers.
But quality varies! I’ve found ebook covers are good quality. Read about Fiverr here.
- Upwork – Where you could outsource things such as VA work, article writing, ebook formatting, website design work and much more. Visit Upwork.
PIN ME FOR LATER! 🙂