My Top 10 Best Survey Sites UK – What Are Yours?
If you’re in the US… Try These Sites Instead!
This has been a difficult post to write, because it’s been so difficult to select 10 sites!
Personal experience really varies from person to person. One person may love a platform, while another will not.
So, it’s all about trying these things out and seeing what works for you.
Thankfully, all these sites are free to join, so you lose nothing by giving them a go.
Stick with me to the end of the list, if you’d like some survey-site taking tips!
Remember, all these opportunities are just for a little extra few pounds here and there, not a way to make a full-time income.
All survey-related sites will have PROS and CONS and I’ve outlined some of these below.
My favourite rewards site is still #1 on my list, which you can find below.
Also, these sites are not all just for UK residents at all….
Some of them you are able to join from many countries around the world too!!
My mini roundup & quick link list….
- Swagbucks – My long term favourite & you can get a £3 bonus just for signing up.
- Prolific – This is awesome because there is NO screening out! Plus, the surveys are really interesting.
- YouGov – Another one for really low screening out rates!! Plus, some pretty interesting surveys that I’ve enjoyed.
- PrizeRebel – A lot like Swagbucks and one that’s really popular too. Interesting referral program here!
- InboxPounds – One of the first panels I made money with & a £1 sign up bonus.
- PanelBase – A good reputation online and a £3 sign up bonus.
- Branded Surveys – A good looking site, low payout threshold and interesting referral program.
- Qmee – fun surveys, no payout threshold on PayPal.
- Opinion Panel – Good incentive – £10 for signing up!
- Ipoll App – Much better than the dashboard version, easy to navigate and use and extra ways to earn, through missions!
#1 My Favourite All-Rounder: Swagbucks!
Payout Options: PayPal & tonnes of gift card options.
Payout Threshold: £3
Review: Swagbucks Review
This is the main site I’ve recommended for a couple of years now and that’s because, it’s the one I continue to use and go back to and it’s the platform where I have made and saved the most money overall.
- A variety of ways to earn.
- Lots of fans online/ 4 star Trustpilot rating.
- Lots of payout methods.
- Low payout threshold.
- Fun site, easy to navigate.
- Many still get disqualified often from surveys.
- Cashback can take a while to register.
- You may have to wait a few days for giftcards to come via email.
Because surveys tend to be so low paying and tiresome, it’s a much better idea to join a website where there are more ways to earn.
With Swagbucks you can get cashback on your purchases, there are paid offers, free offers, games and, my personal fave, their paid-to-search option.
With their search engine, you can earn Swagbucks just for using their search engine.
The browser extension will notify you immediately whenever there is a cashback offer available on websites you’re on and also, if there is a free swag code you can claim.
The other great thing about them is they have a low payout threshold.
You can cash out from as low as £3 for an Amazon voucher, or £5 if you want PayPal. You also get a cash bonus, just for signing up.
#2 Prolific Academic – Interesting Surveys/No-Screening Out!
Payout Options: PayPal
Payout Threshold: £5
More Info: Review Here
This is only a platform I recently reviewed. But it’s awesome!!
But it has some unique qualities that I was pleased to see – and ones that set is apart from other UK sites.
- Interesting surveys! These studies are created by students, so the topics tend to be far more interesting than standard survey sites.
- Low payout threshold – £5 is good going.
- Limited screen outs! Let me know if you are ever screened out, but as far as I know this is one of the rare survey platforms that will be eligible to complete! Massive bonus here.
- You’re told roughly how long the surveys will take.
- Unfortunately, surveys may be limited. I got lots at the start and then nothing for a few days.
Prolific Academic is a legitimate website that gives you the opportunity to answer interesting surveys, (without being thrown off) and to help students with their research at the same time.
You can also get paid pretty well if you’re lucky – possibly up to £4 per survey in some cases! But between £1 and £2 is more common.
The longest survey I completed was 15 minutes so far and most were shorter.
#3 PrizeRebel – Plenty Of Ways To Earn/Similar To Swagbucks!
Payout Options: PayPal/Gift Cards
Payout Threshold: $5
Review: PrizeRebel Review
PrizeRebel is similar to Swagbucks. It has a variety of ways to earn, a good reputation and millions of active users.
It’s not only for those in the UK, but around the world too.
- Various ways to earn – paid surveys/offers/mini tasks/referral program.
- Earn 20-30% of what your referrals earn, (no extra cost to them).
- Good reputation.
- Low payout threshold.
- Various cash-out options.
- You need to be careful that your cashback is tracked, check the T&Cs to make sure nothing on your computer will disturb the tracking.
Ultimately, this is a good all-rounder rewards site and worth checking out!!
#4 YouGov – Good For Qualifying!
Payout Options: Cheque at the moment, or prize draw entries. I think this will change in time, to match the US.
Payout Threshold: £50 – ouch.
Review: YouGov Review.
I wouldn’t normally recommend a site with such a huge payout threshold.
For some reason, it is £50 in the UK, but less in other countries.
However, one of the biggest problems with survey sites is not being able to qualify and this is one of the few survey sites where that isn’t an issue.
PLUS the surveys are also more interesting.
- More unusual surveys.
- You don’t get thrown off for not qualifying – Which is such a MAJOR PLUS!
- Surveys don’t tend to be too long.
- High payout threshold.
- Surveys can be infrequent.
- Payment only by cheque right now.
Not qualifying for surveys is the worst thing about doing them, even worse than the low pay.
Because, if you can’t even qualify for a survey – you can’t make any money at all.
That is why I am adding YouGov to my top list, even though their payout threshold is so high in the UK.
I do hope this will change in time though!
#5 Inbox Pounds – Some Good Paid Offers!
Payout options: Check, Amazon, Gift Cards
Payout Threshold: £20
Review: Inbox Pounds Review
While this site has a high payout threshold & plenty of mixed reviews, it still maintains a 4 star rating on Trustpilot.
- Various ways to earn.
- Some higher paying surveys.
- Referral program.
- More rewards when you reach payout.
- £20 payout threshold – unnecessary!
- Some mixed reviews online.
- May take a while to receive payment.
I have managed to cash out with them with no problems at all and reached my first payout quickly, largely via doing paid offers rather than surveys.
You will also get a £1 bonus when you sign up.
#6 PanelBase – £3 Just For Signing Up!
Payout Options: Bank transfer/gift cards.
Payout Threshold: £10
Review: PanelBase Review
A survey site with a solid reputation online and a variety of ways to earn.
- £3 on sign up bonus.
- Nice layout/easy to navigate.
- £10 payout threshold.
- Variety of ways to earn: surveys/mini-polls/focus groups.
- Various rewards.
- Some have complained that surveys are infrequent.
- Screening out is still a problem here.
This site has plenty of good feedback, a fairly low payout threshold and good £3 incentive for signing up… worth a look!
#7 Branded Surveys – Plenty Of Surveys!
Payout Options: PayPal/gift cards
Payout Threshold: $10
Review: Branded Surveys Review
This site is available in UK, US and Canada.
It’s a recent panel that I have discovered and it switched over from being Mintvine, to Branded Surveys in 2017. It caught my eye, as it had a high positive rating on Trustpilot.
- Lots of surveys & the addition of free/paid offers.
- Easy to navigate site and nice layout.
- Good incentive/referral program.
- $10 cash-out.
- Good feedback online.
- If you’re just going to do surveys alone, you won’t make much.
This is a decent option to check out & it’s quick and easy to sign up.
#8 Qmee App – Surveys And Missions!
Payout Methods: Gift Cards & PayPal
Payout Threshold: Anything for PayPal, £5 for gift cards.
Review: Qmee App Review
I have had Qmee for ages, but only recently downloaded the app and I’ve been loving it.
It’s such a slick and easy app to use. The surveys aren’t very high paying, (from what I have seen so far).
But it’s definitely still worth checking out.
- No payout threshold with PayPal, only £5 for gift cards.
- Extremely user-friendly App, a breeze to use.
- Fun to do surveys when you’re out and about – or stuck on a train somewhere!
- Referral program.
- Really good feedback from users.
- There aren’t that many high paying surveys.
- You’re still not going to qualify sometimes.
All in all, one of the best survey apps I’ve ever tried.
#9 OpinionPanel – Best For Students/Graduates!
Payout Methods: Gift Cards.
Payout Threshold: £25
Review: OpinionPanel Review
OpinionPanel is unique, as it’s aimed at students and graduates aged between 16-30 in the UK.
While the payout threshold is £25, they give you £10 just for signing up. Also every time you cash out, you get a further 1000 bonus points, (which makes up £10). So, you never actually begin at zero.
- Good feedback online.
- £10 just for signing up.
- Up to £60 for focus groups.
- Write for their blog, you could make £50.
- Prize draws entries if you are screened out.
- Some have complained about lack of surveys.
- Screening out is still an issue.
- £25 payout threshold – although you never actually start at zero.
This is a good option to check out if you’re aged 16-30, the chances of being paid more for focus groups could boost the income potential.
#10 Ipoll App – Much Better Than The Browser Version!
Payout Options: Amazon, Itunes & PayPal
Payout Threshold: £25
Review: iPoll App Review
I reviewed the regular desktop version of iPoll, and didn’t think a great deal of it.
But the iPoll App is so much better!
The real downside is the £25 payout threshold. But they do have higher paying “missions,” that can help boost your earning potential.
- Easy to use App, user friendly.
- A good amount of surveys.
- Higher paying missions, from £2++ which are more interesting.
- Several cash out options.
- Good feedback for the App from users.
- A high £25 payout threshold!
- You’ll still struggle to qualify.
- Some people complain they’re chucked off the site prior to reaching their threshold.
This is worth checking out for the missions.
Yet another time where the App is way better than the desktop version.
So that concludes my Top 10 best survey sites UK… let me know if you think I should add another to the list.
If you’ve never joined a survey site before, it’s worth checking out these tips and facts:
- Many survey sites will have a high screen out rate. That means, it could take you several attempts to complete a survey, before you manage to do it all the way through.
- Be really careful to answer consistently! Survey companies are strict about this. If they feel you have been randomly answering dishonestly, or that some of your answers seem to contradict each other – they will throw you off the platform and will keep any money owed to you. This happened to me for the first time recently and I thought I’d been paying complete full attention to the answers!
- Don’t rush through the surveys, as this can increase the likelihood you make an error. Ideally do them when you’re not too tired and read the questions carefully.
- Check out if the company runs an affiliate/referral program, this way you can little extra if your friends or family join, (or others via social media, for example).
- Before you join a survey panel – be cautious of any crazy earning claims. If a site claims you can make hundreds or thousands a month completing surveys….don’t trust them!
- All survey panels should be FREE TO JOIN! Never pay to join a survey panel.
Which is your favourite survey panel?
You may also be interested in….
- My Top Extra Income Sites.
- 14 Smartphone Apps That Can Make You Money.
- 5 Smartphone Apps Where You Can Win Real Cash.
Want To Make More Online?
Survey panels are certainly very popular online… But there is an issue!
There are lots of frustrating elements to them, (which leads to many getting badly reviewed) and ultimately, they are just pocket money opportunities.
What you’re doing is exchanging your time for money… and not very much money.
Which is one reason I decided that I wanted to find other methods to make money in the long term and eventually to make passive income, (income I can make, whether I work or not).
One way I do that is through having this blog – if you would like to learn how to build a money making blog, I have a free step-by-step guide here.
There is also some free training right here, that I recommend to any beginners looking to make more than pocket-change online!
All the best….
PIN ME 🙂